Ginger is a big part of the culture throughout much of Asia. For centuries it has served as a delicious part of the culinary tradition, as well as a potent medicine. At our sushi restaurant in Bothell, it’s a simple side used to cleanse your palate between sushi rolls. The next time you dine with us, consider the following health benefits that ginger offers you; you might be surprised by how much this knobby little root has to offer.
- Digestive Health: Ginger triggers the release of enzymes in your digestive system, facilitating the breakdown of fats and proteins while neutralizing excess stomach acids. In this way, the root acts as a cure for digestive conditions, including nausea, morning sickness, motion sickness, gas, heartburn, and diarrhea.
- Circulatory Health: Ginger is a strong anti-inflammat, opening up blood vessels to increase the flow of blood and prevent clotting. It also helps to minimize the amount of harmful cholesterol absorbed into your bloodstream.
- Curative Properties: Ginger is a natural anti-inflammat, decongestant, and antihistamine. It can reduce your fever, and has even demonstrated an ability to prevent the reproduction of some viruses and cancer cells in your system.
- Mental Health: Eating ginger has been linked to the prevention of the buildup of plaque in your brain, guarding against mental conditions like Alzheimer’s disease.
- Dental Health: Ginger can encourage salivation in people with dry mouth, which helps discourage cavities and gum disease.
- Fat Reduction: Ginger helps to facilitate your ability to burn off excess fat.
There are few plants that are quite as amazing as the ginger root. This knobby little hunk of herbal magic has been employed for centuries as a remedy for many physical ailments, as well as a delicious part of many culinary traditions.